The Redwood Men’s Center gatherings began in 1990, starting out in the hotels of Santa Rosa, evolving to the beautiful setting of Camp Gualala, and now to the deep and rich Mendocino Woodlands. Over the years we have reached out to expand our community to include men of different ages, ethnicity and sexual orientation.
A safe place: a strong framework.
For those who return year after year, as well as those who are approaching men’s work for the first time, we have consistently provided a stimulating and safe atmosphere. We have explored such themes as:
- Sanctuary: In the Kinship of Men
- Turning Points
- Your Truth, Man to Man: A Dialogue Among Men – Taking Your Place at the Table
- Walking a Path With Integrity: Finding Light in the Darkness
- Living on the Verge: Our Wounded World, Our Healing Selves
- Rising from the Ashes: Calling Forth the Vision, Reshaping the World
- Restoring Soul in a Culture of Death
- Home From Exile: Return of the Creative Masculine
- Longing, Terror and Blessing: Stages of the Return
- The Youth in Every Man, The Man in Every Youth
- Bringing Forth the Gift: The Soulful Expression of a Man’s Life
- Weaving the Fabric of Community: Remembering Our Vision, Revealing Our Purpose
- Or Are We Already Standing in the New Life?
- Your Inner Compass: Finding Direction in a Changing Landscape
- The Landscape of Desire
20 Years of Community
In 2010, we celebrated our 20th Annual Men’s Conference. In honor of that occasion, The Redwood Men’s Center Master Storyteller Hari Meyers created a retrospective of the Conferences that have gone before. We invite you to follow the journey, from the beginning, by clicking the links in the menu below.